Shop Now

Monday, October 28, 2013

CHALLENGE #184 AT FCCB

The challenge this week is Signs Of Fall at FCCB. Fall is finally here in the south. It's time to visit the pumpkin patch.  Here is my pumpkin card, a sure sign of Fall.


I used kraft card stock for my base.  The pretty fall paper is from DCWV, All Seasons.  I used a stamp and die set from MCT time for my sentiment.  I placed some burlap behind the sentiment for texture and added an  orange sheer ribbon from Offray.  
The pumpkin was cut at 2.00" from Happy Hauntings.  Instead of cutting the pumpkin from patterened paper I cut it out of white card stock.  Remember our summer challenge were we used digital images from The Paper Nest?  Well I have been practicing coloring and I think I did a much better job coloring this pumpkin. I used watercolor makers from Inkadinkadoo in terra cotta and olive green.  It really helps if you have a water brush to do the blending. I found one at my local Joann's. I used a 50% off coupon so it wasn't too expense. 
Hope my fall card inspires you to join our challenge this week. Link up at FCCB and have fun crafting.

Bye, Bye for Now 
KIM

7 comments:

  1. This is really pretty Kim! I like the pretty papers, bow and the burlap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you treated the pumpkin-I never think of coloring a cut! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Kim! Love your layout and the colors you used! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Your coloring is awesome:)Thanks for stopping by my blog and for leaving such a sweet comment!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete