Shop Now

Monday, June 24, 2013

FCCB Challenge #166 Frame It

My project this week is literally an altered frame from Wal-Mart.  It cost .97 cents. I am showing it two ways.  This first picture is how I displayed it on FCCB.


 The second picture is using the frame for a picture of my youngest son when he was a baby.


 It was fun to make. I used a lot of Cricut cartridges for this one.
Country Life - banner
Doodlecharms - baby bottle
Cricut Sampler -onesie and rattle 
Elegant Edges - little frame

Here's how it all came together.  First I painted the frame with Folk Art paint Metallic Blue. I then cut my shapes out on the Cricut and pieced them together.  The felt stickers are from Martha Stewart. I also used her blue and white twine.  I used small beads between each banner. All the outlining and stitching are done with a blue glitter pen.  The buttons are from my stash.  The rocking horse charm was from a baby shower. 
As you may have guessed I horde everything in case I can use it for something.

I think it is so sweet and adorable.  I think I will try one in pink just for fun. I did buy two frames so if I messed  up I had a backup. Hum, I do have some pink paint too.

Join us this week at FCCB and share your frame projects. 
Bye Bye for Now, 
KIM

7 comments:

  1. Your baby blue frame looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun frame, I like all the details you added!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Please post the pink one when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your frame turned out just adorable!

    ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Project! It turned out so cute! I love the dollar items you can turn into something priceless!

    ReplyDelete