Shop Now

Saturday, June 15, 2013

ART-I-MAKE Charms

Hi everyone! I wanted to share a project I have been working on. This is for a swap at 2 Shabby Sisters Studio. I was to make 4 charms in the style of ART-A-CAKES.  I'm sure you have all seen them out there in the craft stores. Kinda pricey, so here's my take on them.  I have to say they were a lot of fun to make. I just let my imagination run with it. I was able to use some of those flea market finds that I just knew would come in handy one day.

Here is the first and my favorite. It is very shabby chic to me.  I used a brooch and glued the paper rose to it.  I glued that on top of a crochet dolie in pink. I then attached beads. On the flat center dangle I attached some little pink cameos.  The purple crinkle ribbon was just a little piece I had which fit perfectly.  For the presentation I used purple corragated paper and the background is from DCWV, Butterfly Garden.  I distressed it and inked using Vintage Photo.  This is a one of a kind since I will never find a brooch like this again.


This one is my second favorite. I used a sewing theme for this one.  More flea market finds.  I found a basket with a bunch of sewing items.  They wanted $40 for the basket but I told them I only wanted the items inside and they sold them to me for $3.  The wooden spool and metal zipper are just two of the items. I attached my charm to a Tim Holtz swivel clasp.  I threaded it through the spool and then attached the bottle cap to the chain.  The charms are Paris related and so is the image inside the bottle cap.  I wound the zipper around the spool and used a Tim Holtz pin.  A button and crinkle ribbon finished it off.  My presentation is more corragated paper and a dress form image stamped onto DCWV paper left over from a mini album I made.

Number 3 is Alice in Wonderland theme.  I used a Tim Hotlz bookplate and cut a playing card image of the Queen of Hearts.  I used lots of glossy accents to cover the image and give it that glossy look.  I glued the crown on after it dryed.  I used chain to suspend the charms.  I filled one of those small bottle sfrom Tim Holtz with blue ink and labeled it "Drink me" and added a clock and mirror.  The red beads are for the red in the Queen.  I found an image on the interent and printed it off and adhered it to more corragated paper in red for the presentation.  To top it off I added red tulle.


For my last one I went western.  I found this pair of copper and tourquoise earrings and wondered what I would ever use them for.  They worked great on this charm.  I hot glued it to a piece of leather and tucked feathers behind it.  Then I used a crochet trim and some jute as my bow.  The cowgirl image is Geko Galz, "YEE  HAW".  More corragated paper in yellow.  The back was a bit messy so I attached a kraft paper scalloped circle to finish it off.



This was a long post so I hope you're all still here.  I would like some feedback on these.  Which one do you like?  What do think about them?  Give me some comments.

Bye, Bye for Now, 
KIM

No comments:

Post a Comment