Shop Now

Monday, September 23, 2013

GOING PLACES CHALLENGE #179 AT FCCB

Hope everyone is having fun crafting. The challenge this week is to feature a cut using something that gets you from one place to another.  I chose a sailing ship. Of course they don't look like this one anymore, but it was kinda historic or nostalgic. I liked the thought of just sailing away across the ocean to forgein lands.  Any way here is my card.

I cut my ship from Paper Dolls Dress Up Cricut cartridge using the pirate page accessories.  I cut it at 3" in yellow, white and the base color brown. The sails are paper pieced as well as the yellow portholes. I then used my gel pens for accent strips and the flags. I used scrap pieces of paper for this. After organizing them I found it easier to find the colors I needed and didn't have to start my project with a new sheet of cardstock.  I discovered I had alot of scrap pieces that where big enough to cut small pieces.

I used kraft for the card and embossed the backgroung with a Darice folder I bought at Hobby Lobby using my 40% off coupon.  The sentiment is stamped in Vintage Photo from TCP studio stamp set, you guessed it, a bargin at $1.99 from Tuesday Morning. I think I need to call this card a bargin since I used so many inexpensive items to create it. I also made my own crinkle ribbon. Maybe I should change my blog to the "Frugal Scrapper".  How do you scrap on a bugdet these days with the economy like it is. Send me some tips if you have any.

Hope you join the challenge this week at FCCB. Link your going places project and show us how you get from place to place.

BYE, BYE, for Now
KIM

5 comments:

  1. I love all the elements you used-embossing, die cut, stamps, paper scraps! Great job-I gotta check out Tuesday Morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Kim, I really like the embossed background behind the ship and the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun card! LOVE that ship! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, so cute and fun! Love the embossing in the BG!

    ReplyDelete