Shop Now

Monday, July 29, 2013

Challenge # 171 at FCCB, Shaped Card

Hope everyone has had time to craft this weekend.  It's Monday again and time for a new challenge at FCCB. For this challenge the Design Team will be inspiring you with their shaped card creations.  Make sure you check them out.  Here is what I created for this week.


I used Elegant Edges Cricut cartridge for my shaped card.  I cut the card @ 5" using the book feature.  I cut it out twice reversing the image for the back of the card. I then scored it about a 1/4" from the straight edge then adhered it the the front. The scalloped oval I cut at 3.50" using the oblong frame feature in some teal cardstock.  It was a small scrap so I'm not sure what paper collection it is from. As you can see I faux stitched around the frame with a white gel pen.

The paper collection I used for the base of the card is DCWV "Butterfly Garden".  The sentiment I stamped using a bargin from Tuesday Morning $1.99 stamp set from Inkadinkado, "Love and Friendship".  I stamped it out using Key Lime ink from American Crafts ink pad (another TM bargin) then fussy cut it.   It is adhered using pop-dots for dimension. The Memories stamp is from 7 Gypsies.

For my embellishments I used some hand-dyed crinkle ribbon, Prima flowers, also a bargin from TM.  May be I should title this card Tuesday Morning card, LOL.  Each flower has a blush pearl for it's center. Some of the flowers I adhered directly to the card and others I used pop-dots.

That's my card for today.  Hope it inspires you to give this challnege a try.  Let your creative imagination flow and link up at FCCB.

Bye, Bye for Now, 
KIM

11 comments:

  1. This is so pretty.The edge shape is lovely and the flowers so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors and shape.

    dt member

    Catarina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really pretty card Kim, the flowers and ribbon are just so elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so beautiful! I LOVE all the flowers and your paper choice was spot on! Great shape too! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! The shape is lovely and that background paper is gorgeous! Just beautiful with those flowers and that pretty ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card !! Love the color of the ribbon nice and bright !

    Mayra
    MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Kim!! Lovely!
    Scrappy hugs, Connie FCCB Dt sis
    http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so pretty - I love the feminine details and the sweetness of it!
    jilliene designing

    ReplyDelete