Shop Now

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Throwback Thursday Challenge at My Creative Time

Emma's challenge this week was to make anything with a bug.  Her new stamp release is coming out and all this week she has been teasing us with her sneak peeks.  Can't wait to see what she's created.  If you haven't been to her blog http://www.mycreativetime.com you should give it a try.                                                    
My project for this challenge is a gift bag.
I used the following supplies,
White gift bag purchased a wal-mart
Green plaid cardstock from DCWV Nursery boy,
All four corners punched with Fiskars corner punch.
Cricut cartridges Paperdoll Dress Up and Doodle charms.
The grass and the white picket fence were cut from Paperdoll Dress Up
the ladybug was cut from Doodlecharms.
I used crystals and Martha Stewart
glitter to bling up my ladybug.
The flowers are from  Calypso Tin and the yellow covered brads are from Memory Maker's.
I used ribbon from Offray to make the stems and to tie the bow at the top of the bag.
My sentiment is a stamp from Studio 112 from Joanne's. My snail is from MCT stamps "Happy Mail".
Oh by the way I used silver jewelry wire for the ladybug's antenna.
I have to admit this turned out a lot
cuter than I thought it would.  Ideas just popped into my head during the process of making it.
Hope you enjoyed blogging along with me.
Kim
.



3 comments:

  1. Kim this is a totally adorable gift bag!! Great job. Thanks for hopping along today and helping Carri celebrate her birthday!! If you are really interested in how to make the Set of Drawers Card that I made you can get the DVD with the easy to follow instructions at the Crafters Companion Store
    http://www.crafterscompanion.com/The-Ultimate-Advanced-Construction-Techniques-DVD_p_373.html
    You really just make 4 small boxes with 4 slip cases and then glue them down on a 6x6 piece of cardstock and top with another 6x6 piece of card stock. Really easy. I'm not trying to sell the DVD. I really do love all the cool projects on it though. Stacy H-W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally cute Kim,
    Love your idea on this paper bag....
    Thanks for hopping by and commenting on the blog hop.
    I'm also your newest follower....
    You had a question about the digi prints, can you email me at snases@hawaii.rr.com.. That way I can reply back and explain it to you... I couldn't find an email address on your blog...
    thanks sweetie...

    ReplyDelete