Shop Now

Monday, February 3, 2014

FCCB Challenge #196 Seeing Red (or Pink) and White

Hope everyone is staying warm. It actually snowed here last week. It was more of a hassel than anything else. I still had to work, no snow day for me. Can you believe it got down to 7 degrees, in Mississippi.

 Now on to my project for this weeks challenge at FCCB. The challenge is to make a project using either red and white or pink and white. I made this card using George and Basic Shapes and Home Accents.


I tried  a new technique I saw on You Tube.  I took two strips of 12x2 pink and white polka dot paper (DCWV Little Miss) and gathered it.  To do this you have to moisten the paper so you can work with it. Slowly gather the two strips and then join them together.  The next step was to cut my heart from a piece of pink cardstock from George and Basic Shapes. I used the negative as a window.  After the paper was dry I adhered it to a piece of cardstock then adhered the window over that.  For a great tutorial on this technique visit Gabrielle Pollacco's channel on You tube. She has some awesome projects.

Next it was time for embellishments. I used recollection bling and flowers, some pink ribbon and tulle. The green flourish was cut from Home Accents.  For the sentiment I used MCT stamp set, Plane and Simple.  I inked all the edges and stamped the sentiment with Vintage Photo Distress ink by Tim Holtz. The final touch was to use my white gel pen to faux stitch around the heart.

Be sure and link up to our challenge this week. Our sponsor is

Have fun and show us your creativity.
Bye, Bye for Now, 
KIM

9 comments:

  1. Kim this is so gorgeous! Love that heart technique. The flourishes, bling, and the rose add such beautiful touches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great technique. I love the way you embellished this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Kim! LOVE the flowers and bling! Fabulous job!

    Have a great week!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! That heart technique looks great, and I really like the flowers and the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your is unbelievably beautiful so many wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty--I have never seen that technique before! Love all the floral and pearl details too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card! I love the paper gathers :). I've recently found the you tube channel you mentioned - she is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really cool, I'm going to have to check out this technique. Great card!

    ReplyDelete