Shop Now

Monday, May 14, 2012

Baby shower

Here is the card I made for my nieces baby shower.  She is having a girl and she is due in June.

The base of the card is white card stock cut @ A2 size.  The next layer is a light shade of purple. I chose purple because it's my nieces favorite color.  The next layer was cut from cricut cartridge Storybook, page 67.  I used purple polka dot paper from DCWV  Nursery stack. I cut marquee4 at 5".  I stitched around the shape with a purple marker.
The second cartridge I used was Cricut Sampler for the baby on page 29. I used three cuts, the baby, the diaper and the baby shadow.  I used scraps of white, pink and green cardstock and pieced it together. Oh I almost forgot I cut out  the baby at 2 1/2".
I used Peachy Keen everyday character faces PK-940 and stamped using Rouge Colorbox chalk. I used a white gel pen on the eyes.
The sentiment flag was cut freehand and the lettering was done freehand with a purple marker.
For the finishing touches I used a purple ribbon from Offray and crystal Stickles for a bit of sparkle on the diaper.
The baby on shower was Saturday and my niece really liked the card.

That's it hope you liked it too. Thanks for blogging with me today.
Bye bye for now
Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment